lunes, 31 de diciembre de 2012

700 minutes to die. The Dawn of a Heroe.



This will be the second and last post of 2012 in this abandoned blog, sorry fellows (I don't know if someone really read this) but I become part of another comic blog / podcast and now I post there, maybe on 2013 will post more things here.

It's hard to write this lines because I don't know what to think or react with all that happened on December 26th, I suppose many of you know what I'm talking about, the inmiment dead of Peter Parker, well just his brains waves his body and memorie will go on. But let not rush ahead with this, let me tell that as I commented in my twitter account (alxelder@twitter.com) it was an awesome run but with a sad ending. The reading was a well action packed story with the best art that Humberto Ramos, Victor Olazaba and Edgar Delgado had done in a Spiderman comicbook, but the last 6 pages set in motion a huge waves of emotion because Dan Slott managed to write a full resume of victories and loss  in the life of Peter, who at the end is the soul and engine behind Spiderman success.

And that was how Slott has written Spiderman, the main character has been Pete and with this final number he did the same, putting him in a great and deadly peril with a little change, the climax should be a logical one if you know Peter as well as he knows/write him. In his final battle with Otto, in a "win or die" battle and with his oath of "no one dies on my watch", we are able to see a desperate Peter trying to recover his body and defeat the villain but he is outsmarted by Otto and the only thing that he finds to do is giving him a "ringside sit" and revisit all his memories letting him give Octavius the final and more important lesson "with great powers comes great responsability", I almost feel the same thing that Slott felt when he wrote this issue, this idea or plot isn't that bad as it sound at the beginning and who knows, maybe it began the legend of Spiderman as a legacy superheroe just as we saw in Nolan's Batman DKN rises.

I will miss Peter, and I don't think Spiderman could be a legacy superheroe just as Batman but Slott is a clever guy and left a trail of breadcrumbs so Otto could easily and more practically way to become in the best heroe he could because he has all the memories of Peter.



At the begin of 2012 I wouldn't knew or expected that I would lose two beloved ones, one was my mother and now Peter Parker, unfortunadetely I will see again my mother when my time here on earth ends, such is life but I believe that I will see old Mr. Parker going back from dead and take again his role as Spiderman.

With great regret I wrote this final lines: Rest in Peace, Peter Parker, you earn it, although you are a fiction character you always were the greates character of all, thanks for teaching me that through "with great power comes great responsability"



PS. Thanks to Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, John Romita Sr. / Jr., J.M. Dematties, Sal Buscema, Todd McFarlane, Erick Larsen, Mark Bagley, Dan Slott, Marcos Martin, Humberto Ramos, Edgar Delgado, Victor Olazaba, Tom Lyle, J.M. Strachzinsky and all who were involved in this 700 issues and made possible this AMAZING RUN with a SAD ENDING.

Si usted no le gusta el inglés puede leer la versión en español de este post en http://www.restart.com.mx/2012/12/700-minutos-o-104-paginas-para-morir-el.html

No hay comentarios: